News, About Us & Offers
GDPR in a Nutshell
Are you aware that the biggest change in data protection law for 20 years is now just 7 months away?
The General Data Protection Regulation will come into force on 25th May 2018, bringing with it stronger privacy rights for individuals and more prescriptive compliance obligations on those processing personal data, including local authorities. There are serious consequences for non-compliance with GDPR including fines of up to £17,000,000.
You and your authority might well be completely ready for this momentous change. If, however, there is still work to be done, here are five reasons you must attend one of our essential GDPR workshops in association with Bond Dickinson.
- The workshops are specifically designed for those working in local authorities, with a focus on what it means for you and how it applies to your authority.
- Delegates will receive a full introduction to GDPR including an overview of the legislative framework, the implications of Brexit and the new Data Protection Bill, and the key changes made by GDPR.
- The speakers will provide a thorough examination of several topics including transparency, contracts and data sharing, individuals’ rights, compliance requirements, data breaches, the Regulator’s powers, fines and compensation.
- The workshops will be practical and interactive with plenty of time for discussion and group exercises including case studies.
- Each workshop will be led by Jackie Gray, a leading data protection lawyer and Partner at Bond Dickinson, alongside a local authority lawyer with in-depth, hands on knowledge and experience of GDPR implementation.
The first two Workshops will be on the 10th November in Newcastle and 29th November in Leeds.
Other dates are currently being finalised for Bristol and London.
With around 20 years' experience delivering CPD accredited, industry-defining training to the public sector legal professional, LLG Legal Training draws on a pool of talent, sector knowledge and legal expertise to shape a comprehensive programme of training events that responds to changing needs, creatively identifies training requirements and is ultimately designed to provide the public sector legal practitioner with a one-stop shop where the emphasis is always on quality and value for money.
LLG Legal Training also offers group discounts on courses and conferences. If you make three to four bookings on the same day at the same time we will give you a 5% discount. If you book five or more we will give you a 10% discount. Simply quote 5% or 10% at the time of booking and send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
This can be a combination for the same person or a mix of different people on the same course or different courses. You will have to all be from the same council or company. The bookings will have to be made at the same time and cannot be used on bookings already made and processed. If a cancellation is made on any of the bookings you will lose the discount.
We also provide course documentation on courses currently running which you can purchase for £49.95 VAT exempt. Please email email@example.com for more information.
If you are interested in having an In-House course please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01483 478769 and we can provide costs on your requirements.