- 23 November 2018
- 10:00 - 16:30
- DAC Beachcroft LLP, London
100 Fetter Lane, London, EC4A 1BN
View on map
Do you get confused with covert surveillance?
How do you balance human rights, protect your evidence and keep on the right side of the Courts and Commissioners?
This practical course is aimed at all local authority officers engaged with RIPA.
This course will contain:
- A Quiz on RIPA 2000 (self-assessment).
- A background and overview to RIPA 2000 and the Regulatory Codes and Guidance.
- Directed Surveillance applications necessity and proportionality - OSC Guidance
- Changes to the RIPA Regime from 1st November 2012 – Magistrates Court approvals and the serious offence test.
- Case Study - Work groups
This course will cover the following aspects of the SRA’s Statement of solicitor competence:
A2 Maintain the level of competence and legal knowledge needed to practice effectively, taking into account changes in their role and/or practice context and developments in the law
A4 Draw on sufficient detailed knowledge and understanding of their field(s) of work and role in order to practice effectively
A5 Apply understanding, critical thinking and analysis to solve problems
B3 Develop and advise on relevant options, strategies and solutions
23 November 2018 | 10:00 - 16:30
- 17 October 2018
- 14:00 - 14:45
- 07 November 2018
- 10:00 - 16:00
- DLA Piper UK LLP